[Emacs-orgmode] keymapp nil bug fixed

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] keymapp nil bug fixed
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:08:12 +0200

For quite some time, there have been reports about org.el causing an error (keymapp nil) when being loaded. See for example http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OrgMode. I used to think that I had fixed it, but that turns out not to be true.

This issue is finally resolved - it has to do with an old version of another outlining package, allout.el, which misbehaves under Emacs 21. In Emacs 22, these issues have been resolved in allout.el.

It was not possible to cleanly work around this problem, but org.el version 4.26 does at least give a correct error message when this happens. The Emacs 21 solution is to make sure that org.el is loaded before allout.el. The much cleaner solution is to use a new Emacs.

Thanks to Frank Ruell who was the first to correctly analyze this bug.

- Carsten