Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Adapting org-mode to my needs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Adapting org-mode to my needs
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:04:16 +0200

Hi David,

this looks exactly right, I agree on all accounts.  A few comments:

;; I would like to contribute this and more, as I think of stuff. I'd
;; be happy to do the required paperwork with the FSF.

Great. Likely not for Emacs 22.1, but later, yes, I want to integrate this. And if we integrate it, the FSF will need the paperwork done.

            ; allow user to turn off the printout of author, email,
            ; date at the top of pages. I really want this.

            :auto-preamble nil

I actually would like to move author and date into a standard postamble because this is more the HTML way of doing things. Then we will also need

            :auto-postamble nil

            ; the following are inserted into the right places in the
            ; real html header by org-publish-as-html

            :style "my-css-string"
            :language "en"
            :author user-full-name
            :email user-mail-address

            ; other options that should over-ride global variables
            ; when publishing (of course, options set per orgfile
            ; should override everything.im

            :headline-levels 3
            :toc nil

            ; can you think of more?

I guess for consistency we should support almost all options in #+OPTIONS, plus
whatever I have customization options for.

One problem: I think it is not easy to distinguish a nil property from an unspecified property.... Ah, I see there is also `plist-member' for this. Great.

(file-name-sans-extension (buffer-name))

;; instead of just

(buffer-name)

Agreed.

Maybe we take the technical details off the mailing list and cc to emacs-orgmode only if the mail contains issues of broader interest? Anyone on this list who would like to listen to the technical chatter?

- Carsten