Re: [Emacs-orgmode] freezed with session.el

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] freezed with session.el
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:39:19 +0200

On Apr 9, 2006, at 5:41, T.Okano wrote:

Hello,

When session.el is set, and org.el is used, I cannot save and close
an org-mode file.
Will evasion be possible?

http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net/
emacs:22.0.50.1
org.el:4.19c

It seems that session gets stuck when trying to save the value of `org-mark-ring'. Org-mark-ring is a truely cyclic variable, a list that at some point references itself. So you can take the cdr of this value a million times and not get to the end.

I guess you yourself can fix this for now by adding `org-mark-ring' to `session-globals-exclude'.

However, really I think that this is a bug in session.el that should be fixed there, because any package using a similar construct will get stuck with session.el

Maybe you want to send a bug-report to the maintainer of session.el? I am putting Christoph into the CC.

- Carsten

--
T.Okano