Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Link Display [WAS Recent changes: Internal linking]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Link Display [WAS Recent changes: Internal linking]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:29:35 +0200

This does work for the exporter, but not for the normal display. I'll take a look to see if I can find out ow to do that. Sounds interesting.

- Carsten

On Mar 26, 2006, at 19:38, Scott Otterson wrote:

I really like the new internal links. One thing I'm still missing from emacs-planner is the ability to display the link with the link destination replaced with descriptive text.

Org-mode now does this when you type [[link text][description]] and then export; I'd like it if org-mode did this in the normal view too. In other words, if you type [[link text][description]], and then move the cursor off the link, you would only see "description" in your emacs buffer (probably in the same face used for text matched by radio links).

Scott