Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Recent changes: A cleaner outline view

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Recent changes: A cleaner outline view
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:44:47 +0100

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your feedback.

I sometimes do like the cleaner view with the leading stars removed. In
other cases, eg. with many tables, notes and links, things look better
the way they are.

You can set this file-local with the STARTUP options.

Anyway, my org-file is for working and not for presentation.

Yes, this is certainly true. However, since it is for working, you do spent most of the time in that buffer. If the look irritates you, something should be changed. If the normal view does not irritate you, there is no reason to change anything.

BTW, on text mode terminals the "hidden" leading stars show up in a
smart blue color here :-)

Indeed, I missed that and just fixed it for 4.10. Unfortunately it seems to me that defface does not support light and dark backgrounds for tty, and I know quite some people who use tty with dark background. Anyway, they will just have to configure the org-hide face. The default will be white on a tty.

Thanks.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik