emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r110349: * profiler.c (handle_pro

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r110349: * profiler.c (handle_profiler_signal): Fix a malloc race
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:56:46 -0400

> +      /* record_backtrace uses hash functions that call Fequal, which
> +      uses QUIT, which can call malloc, which can cause disaster in
> +      a signal handler.  So inhibit QUIT.  */

Actually, we'd probably be better off using a different hash-function
(and equality test) so as to make sure we don't run QUIT at all.

We could use it to improve the equality function such that different
closures coming from the same source code (IOW different instances of
the same source function) are considered equal.

        Stefan