emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r107186: In server-unselect-displ

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r107186: In server-unselect-display make sure that buffer is live before killing it
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 20:48:05 +0100

> Is it just for "defensive coding" reasons, or are there actual cases
> where this buffer could be dead?

The former.  In particular, because I don't understand the code at all.
(Actually, Juanma said that he felt more comfortable with that check.)

> Why should the frame not be deleted when the buffer is dead?

Because it might show some other "real" buffer if I understand the
comment correctly.

> Shouldn't the "(when (buffer-live-p buffer)" test only protect the call
> to kill-buffer?

Juanma already noticed that before and I hope I now changed it in your
and his sense ;-)

martin