emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r105705: Tweaks to display-buffer

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r105705: Tweaks to display-buffer default actions; remove same-window-* autoload forms.
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:02:49 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> "Move d-b-pop-to-buffer higher up the list" is a difficult thing to
> obtain.

That is something that we can improve in the future; there are standard
graphical user interface elements for moving list items up and down.

Anyway, the concern is overblown.  If you actually try to customize
d-b-default-action, you'll see that the existing interface is already
quite usable for modifying the initial default.

> And what happens if she sets the list to nil?

Same thing that happens to anyone who does something silly using a
customizable variable.  Not a problem.