Re: Potential bug in Image mode on Emacs 29 PGTK on Wayland

From: Soham Gumaste
Subject: Re: Potential bug in Image mode on Emacs 29 PGTK on Wayland
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:45:58 -0600

> I have no ppm file on hand (and try searching one online... 🤔) but after
> converting a png file to ppm with ImageMagick, I can open it and it is
> displayed
> just fine in Emacs. I'm running Emacs 29.2 PGTK on Wayland. (Arch Linux, using
> the distro-provided emacs-wayland package.)
>

> Is it possible that the ppm file itself plays a role? Some work, some don't?

Thanks for the reply.

I am attaching my PPM file to this email (assuming mailman lets me).
As I said in another response, I can get everything to work perfectly
with `emacs -Q file.ppm`, but I cannot find any offending settings in
my config even after running the debugger. The "bug" part seems to be
that it works perfectly in the non-pgtk build.

Just as a backup the image can also be curl'd from
https://sohamg.xyz/static/mandelbrot.pnm
--
Soham Gumaste
sohamg2@gmail.com