TAGS completion with (setq-local completion-ignore-case t)

From: Morgan Willcock
Subject: TAGS completion with (setq-local completion-ignore-case t)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 09:14:04 +0000

I was trying to track down an issue with inconsistencies in completion
matching between a custom capf function and the default TAGS capf
function.

It seems that if a buffer is configured for case-insensitive completion
matching, by setting the buffer-local value of completion-ignore-case to
t, this does not have any effect on TAGS completion.

In order to get case-insensitive completion matching for TAGS, I had to
also set the buffer local value of completion-ignore-case to t in the
TAGS buffer.

Is there a technical reason why TAGS completion cannot use the value of
completion-ignore-case that is set in the buffer where completion is
initiated, or is this a bug in the implementation?

--
Morgan Willcock