Re: Adding package "Loopy" to Non-GNU Devel?

From: Okamsn
Subject: Re: Adding package "Loopy" to Non-GNU Devel?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 17:56:16 +0000

Okamsn wrote:
> Philip Kaludercic wrote:
>> Okamsn <okamsn@protonmail.com> writes:
>>> I keep the extension package in the same GitHub repo as the main package for
>>> testing purposes.  The Dash functionality was requested by a user, but
>>> Dash is
>>> not used by the rest of the package.  Because of that, I put the Dash
>>> functionality in a small separate package.
>>
>> You are talking about the loopy-dash.el file in the same branch, right?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If possible, it would be better if you could at least maintain it in a
>> separate branch.
>
> If I added the file "loopy-dash.el" to an ".elpaignore" file in the main
> branch and used GitHub Actions to push any changes from the main branch
> to another branch containing the file "loopy-dash.el", would that be
> acceptable?

Hello,

I figured out how to make GitHub automatically copy changes of the file
to another branch when the master branch changes, and have listed the
file `loopy-dash.el` in the `.elpaignore` file on the master branch.

I successfully installed the packages locally using the instructions in
the ELPA readme.

I have attached a patch file. Are there any other changes that you would
like made?

Thank you.