Re: Adding new schemas to nxml-mode. Am I doing it right?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Adding new schemas to nxml-mode. Am I doing it right?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:20:42 -0500

Jostein Kjønigsen <jostein@secure.kjonigsen.net> writes:

> As such, I would like to contribute these patches to core Emacs to
> help improve the current situation, but I want to make sure I'm doing
> it correctly.

Your plan sounds good to me, but I know very little about this stuff.
I'm hoping that someone else will chime in, but AFAIK we don't have
anyone onboard that is working on this.  Perhaps what you see is the
result of that lack of manpower.

> What are the criteria for accepting new schemas in Emacs core? Are
> there any?

I'm not aware of any criteria that would be applied to schemas
specifically, so I guess it's the usual: is it useful, can we legally
distribute it, etc.