Re: Missing snprintf in ucrt mingw + vc-refresh in find-file hook?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Missing snprintf in ucrt mingw + vc-refresh in find-file hook?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:26:18 +0100

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it> writes:

> Il 13/02/2024 23:09, Arthur Miller ha scritto:
>> I was lazy; I just tried git apply ucrt.patch, and it refused; nad I was like
>> 3
>> if-defs; I can just put it in, 30 seconds :). I just build with gcc, so I
>> wasn't
>> interestedin clang patch.
>
> I don't remember well now.. but without the clang patch the build finishes
> with
> a "...not functional Emacs" message.. maybe the clang patch is not only for
> CLANG... MSYS2 people should explain this..

Ah, there is the answer :). Yes it does; it ended so for me, but everything
seems to work fine.

>> By the way, is there any reason to build with clang instead of gcc? Faster,
>> smaller, better? I never tried to be honest.
>
> they build for different "architecture/systems": ucrt64, clang64, mingw64,
> clangarm64.. They are starting to drop some 32-bit packages. Ask them for
> other
> details...

Yes, I know they do; I thought you were also. Just wonder if there is any
difference; I am too lazy to build and try myself. Yeah, you are right I should
ask them, but I think I am not that curious :).

> Ciao,
>   Angelo.

Thanks; ciaos.