Re: Strange hangs when visiting .el and .html files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Strange hangs when visiting .el and .html files
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 22:13:43 +0200

> Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:55:31 -0500
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>:
>
> > Attach the debugger to a hung Emacs and produce a backtrace from all
> > the threads?
>
> Is this procedure documented anywhere?

Possibly etc/DEBUG, but I can give instructions, if that's what you
need.

Basically, "gdb -p PID", where PID is the Emacs' process ID,
preferably from the src directory of the tree from which Emacs was
built (there's a .gdbinit file there that can help), then, when GDB
shows it prompt "(gdb)", type "thread apply all bt", which will
produce backtrace from every thread in the process.