Libraries by Akiyama Kouhei

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Libraries by Akiyama Kouhei
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 17:04:35 +0100

Hello,

may I draw your attention to the libraries written by Akiyama Kouhei?  I
have been in contact with him.

In particular: Emacs Easy Draw - see the short presentation video:

  https://github.com/misohena/el-easydraw

It's an svg based drawing tool for Emacs that integrates with org-mode.

Also other libraries - I have been using "moonrise-el" which adds time
calculations of moonrise and moonset to Emacs Calendar and Diary (Emacs
has so far only code for moon phases and eclipses, but not for
moonrise/moonset times).

Kohei-san would be willing to contribute the code to Emacs, written by
him alone.  But he _definitely_ does not want to spend any time in any
conversation held in English.  Apart from a short one-time debate maybe.
So adaptions for Gnu Elpa would have to be done by us.

Depending on the details of the contract he may want to sign those
papers contributors to Emacs use to sign.  Can somebody please arrange
that he receives those to have a look at the text?

I think it would be nice to have easydraw in Gnu Elpa if possible, and
maybe some other libraries.  From what I saw code and English
documentation have a very good quality.  Somebody could merge changes
regularly into our repository.  Alternatively he would even accept to
step back from development and let emacs-dev continue.  He only doesn't
want to spend time in discussions, especially in English.  I want to
respect that: any questions here please.

Thanks,

Michael.