Re: Excessive use of `eassert`

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Excessive use of `eassert`
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 23:45:17 -0800

On 2024-01-23 09:11, Stefan Monnier wrote:
How 'bout the patch below.

Thanks, looks good, I installed it with minor changes (notably, renamed the new make__lisp_symbol to make_lisp_symbol_internal).

I occasionally compile with -O0 on an older (circa 2010) CPU. If the newly-installed code turns out to be too slow for that in some cases, we can turn builtin_lisp_symbol and make_lisp_symbol_internal into lisp_h_ macros in the same style as the existing macros. This would avoid the problem that my previous patch had with dueling implementations.