Re: Instead of pcase

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Instead of pcase
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:48:08 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Much as the linguistically inclined enjoy acquiring an abstruse
> language, so certain programmers may relish the occasion to acquire a
> new and intricate construct.  Nevertheless, and your singular
> experience notwithstanding

"abstruse language" - "singular experience" ...(?) - sorry, are we people
having understood pcase in few minutes some kind of aliens, compared to
the "normal people"?  Do we not count?  Because we are not loud
and angry and outraged?

For you it seems to be a fact that `pcase' is something complicated and
most people don't like it.  Eh - no?  Pardon - but when I was able to
learn `pcase' in one minute from a few lines of the original docstring,
there must be something missing in that picture.  I don't know why it is
harder for you to learn it.  But something is not a fact because you
feel like it would be.

What I don't like here in this discussion is that some people are not
willing to accept that other people make different experiences with the
same things.  This is the death to any constructive discussion.  It is
impossible to find a good solution for everybody under such
circumstances.

And note that you are weakening your position when discussing like this.
I can't take someone seriously when I see that s?he is not able to think
along the viewpoints of others.

Interesting would be to hear concrete arguments, but we heard nearly
none.  "I'm angry" is not an argument.

Michael.