Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 15:17:42 +0000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 3:01 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > You can't make this stuff up.  Didn't you just write 30 minutes ago
> >
> >   because we generally don't say such things
> >   in our manuals, except in rare exceptional cases (which the
> >   seq.el one isn't, IMNSHO)
> >
> > ?? Is this not crystal clear evidence that IYNSHO this type
> > of documentation for seq.el isn't needed?
>
> No, it states the facts as I know them.  It doesn't mean I necessarily
> think we should keep doing that.

This gives me serious vibes of Monty Python's "Not necessarily: I could be
arguing in my spare time".

> > Are you sure _I'm_ the vague accuser??
>
> Show me that I was wrong by submitting the docs you think should be
> added, and let's take it from there.

OK.  Noting that there's no documentation of a particular kind for a
given library without producing such documentation immediately merits
the super-friendly epithet of "handwaver" and "vague accuser".  So
now I know.

João