Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:06:57 +0000

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 5:44 PM Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > AFTER loading it

> The magnitude of the difference when additional methods are defined I
> find surprising.

Speaking of that, be sure to reproduce my results.   These are results
from an Emacs -Q run, and fortunately they are consistent across runs
in the same machine.  In my normal work session, I sometimes get much
more dramatic slowdowns with these very same benchmarks, and I don't
know why, maybe some garbage collection effect?

João