Re: [External] : Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 15:07:31 +0200

> From: Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org>
> Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 13:49:57 +0100
>
> There are 20 `defun' in cl-lib.el, however one, "last*", is
> commented out, so that leaves the following 19:
>
> cl--defalias
> cl--do-subst
> cl--old-struct-type-of
> cl--set-buffer-substring
> cl--set-substring
> cl-acons
> cl-adjoin
> cl-constantly
> cl-copy-list
> cl-digit-char-p
> cl-evenp
> cl-ldiff
> cl-list*
> cl-mapcar
> cl-oddp
> cl-pairlis
> cl-proclaim
> cl-subst
> cl-values-list

Thanks.  The "cl--*" ones should also be removed, I think (as they
are not supposed to be called from outsider cl-lib.el), but other than
that, I think this is the list.  And I cannot fail to point out that
the list is quite short, not nearly as long as the discussion seemed
to indicate.  Maybe we need to add to the list the functions in
cl-extra.el and cl-seq.el?