Re: master 9c82f480590: Move and edit text about lexical environment rep

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: master 9c82f480590: Move and edit text about lexical environment representation
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:47:18 +0200

Hello Mattias,

> +Lisp debuggers.  Each member of the list is either a cons cell which
> +represents a lexical symbol-value pair, or a symbol representing a
> +dynamically bound variable.

I have two questions/things that are unclear to me: First, the docstring
of `eval' talks about LEXICAL as an "alist mapping" which seems not to
be exact if it is allowed to contain plain symbols.  Should the
docstring be clarified as well?

Second: you wrote "or a symbol representing a dynamically bound
variable".  Does this variable really have to be bound (to a value), or
do you mean "dynamically binding" (aka special)?  And such a member VAR
in LEXICAL means that the VAR is special when FORM is evaluated - even
when the variable has not been declared special in the outer
context...or something else?

TIA,

Michael.