Re: bytecomp: doc string wider than 80 spurious warnings are back

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: bytecomp: doc string wider than 80 spurious warnings are back
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:56:01 -0700

For docstring, since Emacs is the one that is going to display the
docstring, I think code in the Help system should take care of
formatting the  docstring to match the size of the window, not rely on
the developer to  write the docstring to match  a hard-coded width. The
easiest thing for the help buffer to do might be to just turn on
visual-line-mode, so yes, I think this warning is ill-adviced and noisy