Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 13:49:19 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> That way, some users may be able to create new threads at least, which
>> is apparently more comfortable for some users.
>
> Do we really want to trouble Emacs development with yet another burden
> to mind?  Two kinds of threads, in one of which certain subjects or
> measures are off-limits, really?

What about using mailing list first then?
For mailing list users, there will be no difference.
For Disccourse, some topics might remain merged even when mailing list
thread branched off several discussion threads.

>> Also, Discourse allows per-thread subscription - a feature that is
>> absent from mailing lists. I heard multiple times from some users that
>> they do not want to subscribe to the mailing lists because of too much
>> traffic.
>
> Absent a subscription to a mailing list, you only receive mail that
> names you in its carbon copy list, attaining that behavior with no
> explicit action from you.  So in fact Discourse's ``per-thread
> subscription'' shares nothing in common with a subscription to a mailing
> list.

Sure. And some users do not want to subscribe to a mailing list. They
just want CC for certain threads they choose manually.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,