Re: Clojure mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Clojure mode
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 22:07:44 -0400

  > The current idea of including ELPA packages is to include them in the
  > release tarball, so that for the end-user it looks exactly like a core
  > package.

We can do that with some GNU ELPA packages, but the GNU Project cannot
distribute NonGNU ELPA packages as part of GNU Emacs.

The point of NonGNU ELPA is to make it easier for users to access some
of the packages that we can't include in GNU Emacs.  But it is still
indirect.  We cannot do anything that treats them as part of GNU
Emacs.