Re: master 128ed5c9f17: Add one more mouse-set-point call to functions x

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 128ed5c9f17: Add one more mouse-set-point call to functions xref-find-*-at-mouse
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 03:54:26 +0300

On 31/08/2023 03:43, Po Lu wrote:
My experience with the entire touch screen affair says that many such
errors would never have been written had `xref-find-definitions' taken
an EVENT argument and used its posn-point if present.  Something to
consider, I suppose.

Sorry, I don't quite understand which change you have in mind.

The issue here was that we needed to move to the click's location both when detecting the identifier (at that point), and before using the identifier to find a set of locations.

If we used a POSN value, it would also have to be used in two places, I guess. One of which we could just as easily missed as we had here.