Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 01:04:02 +0300

On 31/08/2023 01:01, Stefan Kangas wrote:
Dmitry Gutov<dmitry@gutov.dev>  writes:

I previously posted a link to a screenshot from VS Code, here it is
again:
https://bobbyhadz.com/images/blog/rename-variable-vscode/refactor-preview.webp
So fundamentally, it is a one-line diff along the lines of "git diff
--word-diff", plus some folding, and check-boxes to select which diff
chunks to apply.  Or is there more to it?

I don't know, I haven't tried this feature in VS Code yet. I'm not really using that editor.

It was actually a surprise for me that they do have some refactoring preview, and I think it'll be a good idea to explore its limitations experimentally.