Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 15:44:57 +0300

On 27/08/2023 15:22, Po Lu wrote:
Eli Zaretskii<eliz@gnu.org>  writes:

   . Firefox
     - started in 2002
     - 2.4 million lines of C, C++, and Javascript
     - release schedule: every 4 weeks
And before someone asserts that Firefox's rapid release schedule
is a testament to the efficiency of their development processes, I
submit that new issues arise with each new release of Firefox.

We could easily have more frequent releases, it's all in the hands of the maintainers, actually. Stability/velocity tradeoffs.

Each new release resolves old problems at the cost of new ones.  For
example, Firefox 116.0.3 appears to have overcome the sporadic input
lock-ups that abounded in Firefox 114.0, but now wedges when a window is
closed...

This phenomenon cannot be witnessed in Emacs releases.

Oh sure, we never have bugs or regressions in Emacs.