Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 21:46:54 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
> Cc: m43cap@yandex.com, luangruo@yahoo.com, rms@gnu.org, bzg@gnu.org,
>  yantar92@gmail.com, theophilusx@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 18:36:36 +0000
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> I did not mean variables affecting all the output. I meant more
> >> fine-grained staff, like direct html/latex/odt/... snippets only
> >> embedded when exporting to html/latex/odt/...
> >>
> >> For example, see https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-LaTeX-code.html or
> >> https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-HTML-tags.html
> >
> > Sorry, I don't understand what that means, even after looking at the
> > URLs.  "Direct snippets only embedded" I cannot parse, sorry.
>
> For example, you can set a different color, for a single link, just when
> exporting to html. Or put a page break at certain place just in odt
> export. Or set image size differently in html and latex, for a single
> image.

Texinfo has @ifhtml..@end ifhtml blocks, where you can do stuff for
HTML output only.  And similar for all other formats; see "Conditional
Commands" in the Texinfo manual.  There's also @html..@end html, where
you can write raw HTML (and similar for other formats; see "Raw
Formatter Commands" in the Texinfo manual.