Re: Shrinking the C core

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Shrinking the C core
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 19:24:00 +0200

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

>> Those methods cannot be used to get a statically typed
>> Lisp? Why not? Because of the Lisp syntax?
>
> (let ((x 123)
>   (setq x "foo")
>   (setq x current-buffer))
>
> You cannot disallow the above, or prohibit it -- you'd get
> a entierly different language that isn't Lisp.

It would be different, but I don't know if it would be
entirely different necessarily. It would be interesting to
try anyway.

But anyway, commenting out that ~/.fdm.conf instruction do
drop mails from my INBOX that also appear as posts on Gmane,
I now received this mail as a mail copy as well as on Gmane,
from where I type this. Did you still get the non-delivery
e-mail? If not, at least one mystery less to solve.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal