Re: Tree-sitter navigation time grows as sqrt(line-number)

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter navigation time grows as sqrt(line-number)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 13:56:46 +0300

On 17/08/2023 07:01, JD Smith wrote:
I’m unclear whether this is fundamental to the tree-sitter parse/tree algorithm, or if the scaling comes from Emacs’ TS implementation.  It does vaguely remind me of similar scaling with an old line-numbering algorithm, where lines were always being counted from the beginning of the buffer, so very fast at the front, and very slow near the end.

Have you tried my patch yet?