Re: master updated (18e7bc87521 -> c71a520d1da)

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: master updated (18e7bc87521 -> c71a520d1da)
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 14:47:25 +0200

    Po Lu> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
    >> You can push a deletion of the feature branch, and then repush the
    >> rebased branch.

    Po Lu> I don't think the 3 or 4 individuals tracking the feature/android
branch
    Po Lu> would have taken kindly to such a gesture.  (Not merging at all
wasn't
    Po Lu> an option either, since the branch saw active use.)

I wouldnʼt have minded, but then again I wasnʼt making any changes to
the branch either.

    Po Lu> Can't the Git people fix this by excluding merge commits from merges
    Po Lu> themselves, or something?

The git people canʼt but you could have chosen to squash the entire
android branch into a single commit. I donʼt think that would have
been ideal either.

Robert