Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 09:28:37 +0300

Guys,

We have most of the C-like languages covered with Tree-sitter
supported modes, and they all work well, AFAICT, But 2 modes remain
only available in CC Mode: Awk and Objective C.  Tree-sitter grammars
for those do exist.  Can we please finish the job by adding
*-ts-mode.el for these two languages?  That would allow users to edit
any of these languages (and we have them both in the Emacs source
tree) without loading CC Mode, something that today is impossible.

Could you please work on this?  TIA.

P.S. This is for the master branch, obviously, not for emacs-29.
P.P.S. And thanks again for the outstanding job with adding TS modes
and maintaining them for Emacs 29.