async job queuing library

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: async job queuing library
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 20:44:51 -0400

I wrote a library for managing a queue of jobs to run asynchronously
so that at most some fixed number (e.g. number of cores) are running
at a given time.  Queued jobs are guaranteed to be started in FIFO
order, although the order they complete in is arbitrary unless that
fixed number is one.  Queues can be activated and deactivated - jobs
will not be started while deactivated, but running jobs will not be
killed either.

Basically if you need to generate an arbitrary number of jobs but not
immediately flood your system with corresponding processes, you should
find this library useful.  I needed it for arranging the sandboxed
byte-compiling of thousands of files.  I could have constructed a
Makefile and used "make -j $(nproc)" but this seems cleaner.

https://github.com/owinebar/emacs-async-job-queue

Lynn