Re: Running external info within Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Running external info within Emacs
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 10:10:53 +0300

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 08:43:11 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Then this is either a bug in MSYS2 stand-alone Info reader, or
> > something else is at work here that we don't see.
> >
> > What happens if you copy latex2e.info to C:\msys64\mingw64\share\info?
>
> No change.  I still see
>
>   (async-shell-command "info latex2e")
>   info: No menu item 'latex2e' in node '(dir)Top'
>
> and
>
>   (async-shell-command "info -f latex2e")
>   info: latex2e: No such file or directory
>
> Any other idea?  I also tried this with Emacs built from the release
> branch, same thing.

What about shell-command? or if you invoke "info latex2e" from
"M-x shell"? same error?

So the issue is that shell commands invoked from Emacs fail when the
same shell commands invoked from the shell work?  And that it happens
_only_ for this one Info file?  Then what is the difference between
this Info file and the other ones?