Re: Escape syntax in docstrings

From: Chen Zhaoyang
Subject: Re: Escape syntax in docstrings
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:22:58 -0500

that has been posted to gmane.emacs.devel as well.

David Ongaro <david.ongaro@hamburg.de> writes:

> I want to point out that this doesn't mean you have to replace every
> backslash by fn. You can just use an escaped backslash (i.e. \\) and it
> will yield a \ in the help.

That is true indeed. I changed it to `fn` mainly because the familiarity
of this form in ML. It would make it more sense to use the backslash in
the context of languages still backslash to represent lambdas, which is a
form that they inherited from the Cambridge LCF, I believe.

--
Chen Zhaoyang