Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clang

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clangd versions
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 15:19:21 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 14:07:19 +0000, João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com>
>>>>> said:

    João> Looks very verbose: why can't we use 'version<='?

For some reason I thought the version<= stuff was only for emacs
versions. Dʼoh

    João> And I think I'd rather make some eglot--clangd-version helper.

Sure

    João> Another option is to skip this on EMBA completely.  I presume
    João> there's an 'EMBA' environment variable there.  Don't use 'CI',
    João> though, as GitHub actions also sets it and the test passes fine in
that
    João> CI server.

`EMACS_EMBA_CI' is the environment variable

    João> Another option is to install a newer clangd on EMBA, as 11 is
    João> really quite old when compared to the newer versions.  Michael,
    João> you installed clangd on EMBA.  What are the options to upgrade
    João> an external program there?

My vague memory is that itʼs running Debian stable, so clangd 11 is
the latest available version there.

Robert