Re: c-font-lock-extra-types and friends

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: c-font-lock-extra-types and friends
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:35:10 +0200

> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 09:14:54 +0000
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 08:40:38 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Ping!
>
> Sorry, I got bogged down with something else, the last few days.
>
> > Alan, with the pretest of Emacs 29 very near, I'd like to resolve
> > this issue.  TIA.
>
> OK, I'll backport it to Emacs 29.

Great, thanks.

> > >  . why did you add a new function c-list-of-strings, when we already
> > >    had c-string-list-p there?
> > >  . any reason not to backport this to the emacs-29 branch?
>
> I'd forgotten about c-string-list.  How did you pick up the duplication,
> just as a matter of interest?

I knew about it before I asked the original question about
c-font-lock-extra-types: I've seen that you use c-string-list for
other variables.  I expected you to use it for those I complained
about, and was surprised to see that you invented a new function,
basically identical to that one.

> I'll get rid of c-list-of-strings.

Thanks.

> I'm working on this now.  Hopefully everything will be resolved today.

Great.