Re: How to install documentation in sub-directory with Package VC?

From: Okamsn
Subject: Re: How to install documentation in sub-directory with Package VC?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 01:37:56 +0000

On 2023-03-15 09:41 UTC, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
 >
>> I believe a general fix would involve storing new or custom package
>> specifications in a user option, which probably cannot be
>> 'package-vc-selected-packages', similarly to
>> `package-selected-packages'.
>
> I have made the change alluded to here, in the commit
> 168165178f32fb4e20aea32858407921baf079f0, which has been pushed to the
> emacs-29 branch.  This has also allowed for some other simplifications
> to be made, which is nice.
>
> The above `package-vc-install' now works on my end, and I see the Loopy
> manual listed under (dir)Top.

Thank you for making this change. With it, I see that the Info
documentation was installed.

When you write that "package-vc uses ELPA package specifications, which
you can also pass to `package-vc-install'", does that disagree with the
documentation of `package-vc-selected-packages', which states that for
its arguments "all other keys are ignored"?

Are the keys used by the ELPA package specification documented in the
manual? If not, I would like to list the keys accepted at the end of the
Package VC manual page, take from here:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/tree/README

I will write a patch for this, unless there is a reason to not do so.
What do you think?