Re: Unsafe local variable in eglot.el

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Unsafe local variable in eglot.el
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 12:19:29 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Why is that?
>
> I don't know.  Maybe the latter already has bug-reference.el loaded?

See my other email.  I think it's because C-h f autoloads the file early
to show the docstring.

> Moreover, since Eglot is an ELPA package, I'm quite sure people who
> use Emacs 28 would do that.

But probably only to peruse the file, not to edit it, as this would mean
editing a released version.

Anyway, I think the autoload-patch I provided in the other mail should
at least solve the jit-lock-related problem you found in for those
versions, as package-initialize would load the autoloads file.

João