Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's ma

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Explain a bit more on how to configure language server in Eglot's manual
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 14:27:51 +0100

In the meanwhile I've discovered that many servers have a configuration
schema available _somewhere_.  For example, pylsp has it here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python-lsp/python-lsp-server/develop/pylsp/config/schema.json

and this discussion mentions others:

  https://github.com/williamboman/nvim-lsp-installer/discussions/575

So if the difficulty of gathering these data is overcome, Eglot could do
something actually helpful and show a listing with the types and
documentation of the options (whatever the specifics look like).

Of course there isn't a no-code way for Eglot to provide such a feature.
But one starting point would be to have generic a widget screen to edit
a structure specified by a JSON schema.  This shouldn't be too hard to
do.

On Tue,  7 Mar 2023 at 11:59, João Távora wrote:

> The dotted-to-plist translator proposed is optional.  Some people
> requested use of dotted notation and that will surely need a
> translator.  I wouldn't use it.

Given how selective you are with the features you want to add, I don't
understand why you think this particular one should make it in.  It
would sure help a little, maybe, sometimes.