Re: [NonGNU Elpa] New package: ETT

From: q01
Subject: Re: [NonGNU Elpa] New package: ETT
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 14:50:16 +0000

On Mar, 2023-03-01 23:16, Richard Stallman wrote

> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
>
> Adding a package to NonGNU ELPA is not just a matter of mechanics,
> changing a file. To do this, we need need to talk with its
> maintainer and determine what relaionship we will have with per.
>
> Did you do that? If so, what did the maintainer tell you?
>
> --
> Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
> Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
> Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
> Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)

Oh, I didn't expect a response from Richard Stallman himself... I really admire
your work!

Now, back to the topic... As Holger pointed out, I'm the author of this
package. I thought it would be a good addition to NonGNU Elpa as I haven't seen
any similar software there. It has no external dependencies (it can use
all-the-icons, but it's not a dependency) and is correctly licenced under
GPLv3, so I think there aren't issues, but let me know if I have to do anything
else to proceed with its inclusion.

Best regards.