Re: [Patch] rcirc-color: Allow recoloring nicks

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [Patch] rcirc-color: Allow recoloring nicks
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 06:30:22 -0700

Thuna <thuna.cing@gmail.com> writes:

> I think rcirc-color should allow a nick to be "recolored" with the
> command `/color nick', instead of signalling an error as it does now.
>
> This is useful, for example, when two similar nicks are assigned the
> same color but there's no specific color you want to reassign to either
> of them.

Thanks for the patch.

> I haven't tested the patch, but I can't see why it would fail.

Not many people will feel confident about installing an untested patch,
so I'd recommend testing it yourself and reporting back.  Please see
"Testing your changes" in CONTRIBUTE.

You could re-send the tested patch to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, which is
where patches should normally go.