Re: [elpa] externals/notmuch-indicator f563869b6a 2/4: Tweak how the key

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/notmuch-indicator f563869b6a 2/4: Tweak how the keymap is implemented
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 15:15:07 -0400

>> Oh, and I see elsewhere that you call `mapconcat` with only 2 args,
>> which is a new feature in Emacs-29 whereas the package claims to want to
>> support Emacs-27.
>
> Thanks!  On a more general note, how can we catch cases like this one?

Byte-compile with the oldest Emacs you want to support and check
its warnings?

        Stefan

PS: We make efforts to provide warnings that help people adjust old code
to work better in current and future Emacsen, but we don't provide any
such thing in the other direction.

The closest we have is that `C-h o` will sometimes give you a guess
about the Emacs version in which this var/fun was introduced.  And IIUC
this functionality is not considered as very important.