Re: [ELPA] Add Agitate package

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Add Agitate package
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 07:00:58 -0400

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> In that case, it doesn't make too much sense to me to add it to ELPA,
> but not for the reasons that you give.  It's not that code which is
> targeting emacs.git cannot go on ELPA first, but it seems to me that
> anything on ELPA should be a coherent, singular package.  And Agitate
> isn't that -- it's a collection of functionality that you're filtering
> things out of over time.

FWIW, I don't think this is a very strong reason not to add it.  Other
packages are also grab bags of features, and while perhaps not "ideal"
in an abstract sense, they also provide useful functionality.  In this
case it also makes sense to me to use a package as a way to experiment
with features before they hit core.

We can always delete the package later, once it has done its intended
job and is fully absorbed by Emacs.