Re: VC support for pijul?

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: VC support for pijul?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 11:35:48 +0000

Durand via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> Hello everyone:
>
> I have been trying out different version control systems recently.  I
> find pijul interesting.  But there does not seem to be a VC backend
> for it, so I am wondering maybe I can write a backend for it.  But
> before that, I want to ask maybe there already is one that I am not
> aware of?

It appears someone[0] had the intention of writing something like that a
few years ago but stopped before even starting.

Maybe you could contact the author to see if they have any drafts that
you could base your code on.  Otherwise it shouldn't be difficult to
write everything yourself as long as you understand the basics of how VC
works.

I've also found this thread[1] that seems to confirm my suspicion that
there either exists nothing functional or nothing public

[0] https://github.com/velkyel/vc-pijul.
[1] https://discourse.pijul.org/t/equivalent-of-emacs-magit/285/9