Re: A more radical cleanup for make bootstrap?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: A more radical cleanup for make bootstrap?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 08:25:58 +0000

I don't know exactly. Stefan M and Po Lu both asked for a "less radical" bootstrap, which is what that "soft-bootstrap" would have done. But now Stefan said it's not that important to him. So I guess there's no need for a "soft-bootstrap" anymore, unless someone tells otherwise.

What about me?

You could be that "someone".

It generally takes 10-15 minutes for me to build Emacs in ideal conditions from "make bootstrap", with much of that time taken up by building temacs. It takes longer when I am actually working on Emacs, because that typically happens while my machine is already under load.

So what you'd need is another cleaning target, is that correct?