Re: master 3fd2b00a4b 2/2: ; * Makefile.in: Add "make bootstrap configur

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 3fd2b00a4b 2/2: ; * Makefile.in: Add "make bootstrap configure=default" as a first choice.
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 09:29:23 +0000

That's what "make bootstrap configure=default" does, in a single step.

Yes, but it's a pretty obscure thing to have to remember, which is why we shouldn't tell people to do that when simpler, more straightforward alternatives exist.

Hmm...  I don't know.  IMO telling people to use

make bootstrap configure=default

to rebuild Emacs with the default configuration options (starting with a "make extraclean" state) is clearer than telling them to use

make extraclean; make bootstrap

which does the same thing, but with which it is not clear at all that Emacs will be rebuilt with the default configuration options.