How Do I submit a package to ELPA? (was Re: [ELPA] New package: hcel)

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: How Do I submit a package to ELPA? (was Re: [ELPA] New package: hcel)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 10:15:57 +1000

On Sat 2022-09-17 10:40:51 +1000, Yuchen Pei wrote:

> Given there's no comments and no approval process[1], my next step will
> be to prepare the package further for elpa publication, including
> separating the emacs package out from the repo due to copyright
> assignment, and ask here for someone with commit access to push my
> package to an hcel branch on elpa.git.  I will try to do that over the
> weekend.
>
> [1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/plain/README

I just noticed that the instructions on adding a package to ELPA is
below the following text:

* Text below this marker is OUTDATED and still needs to be reviewed/rewritten!!

So I'm not sure what to do now.  What is the diff between the current
process and the instructions in the README?

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>