Re: master fe7c015b20: Support XFCE in wallpaper.el

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: master fe7c015b20: Support XFCE in wallpaper.el
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 14:44:57 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <thievol@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Here the command fails if you specify the workspace, it works only with
>> "worspace0".
>
> But that's because you only have workspace 1 displayed, right?

No, if emacs is on workspace0 and I use:
"/backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace0/last-image"
wallpaper is modified as expected.

Then if emacs is on workspace2 and I use:
"/backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace2/last-image"
Command exit with 0 status but wallpaper is not modified, but if I use:
"/backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace0/last-image" again (always from
workspace2), wallpaper is modified as expected.

I can verify this with this command which monitor the desktop change:

    xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -m

    => Commencer à surveiller le canal « xfce4-desktop » :

then I go to workspace4, modify wallpaper with mouse and the usual xfce
interface for this, go back in workspace1 an look at output:
I have now:

    Commencer à surveiller le canal « xfce4-desktop » :

    définir: /backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace0/last-image

unfortunately this command is interactive :-(

--
Thierry