Re: Native compilation of Keyboard Macros

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Native compilation of Keyboard Macros
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 14:49:13 +0000

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to use native compilation to speed up the execution of
>> keyboard macros (or is this already being done)?
>
> It would be a big surprise to me if that would achieve a perceptible
> improvement.

I don't know either, but when repeating a simple macro over and over
again it took me long enough to wonder if native compilation would help.

(Specifically what I was doing was going through a text file that I
wanted to convert into HTML file by adding some fluff to each line.  The
file was over a megabyte of plain text so it took a while.  I guess it
would be faster to use pipe the buffer contents through AWK or something
similar).